Rhapsody Online Prayer Conference 2021

Music in my Blood and nothing can take it out - Dorcas Uwague (Interview)



It wasn't hard learning music but it was hard singing music. It was in my head, I could correct you when you do it wrongly but couldn't put it in sound myself because I was always having a cracked and coarse voice. So, it was easier ad leaping with low notes than pitching a song. That's why I ad leap more than I pitch. I do both though but the former comes more.

Started singing at age 7, starting learning music age 11, started singing professionally age 13. Dropped 2 songs already before I was signed

Taught people what I knew though I'm not good at teaching extremely low learners of music (I advise you join a music group) cause it gets tiring later on.‍






Met a lot of persons in this path of music
At some point, a rumor went round about me whom affected me psychologically, emotionally and musically. Almost left music but I dunno how God did it, I overcame

I'm used to hearing plenty things now, I'm not moved. I just keep quiet and smile. Do not let anyone push you away or make you leave this path you've chosen. Keep your gaze, learn, read, study, rehearse, work, have faith and be humble. We've all gone through things, we still go through things but going back on our dreams, goals and vision isn't an option.


I don’t know who I'm talking to....

But never forget.
There's a God who rewards.
He's beautiful in all ways.
He'll lead and guide you through this path.







And pray for that one person who'd stand with you physically for better for worse on this path you've chosen.When I started music newly, I got just one person who truly inspired me
(Sis Chinyere Ibeh)
Then 3 others came through
(Mr. Jerry Sam)
(Mr. Diamond)

And my elder brother Kester Uwague (S.O.Z)
Then I got 2 others.
(John Ighodaro)
(Petervince Ighodaro)

Then the crew started
D'Ashakeyz

Getting inspired by people like
Gifted Odeh
Adeh Vee Chioma









Precious Uwague (Elder Sis)
Bella Uwague (Baby Sis)
Osasenaga Odeh
Swanky Okwute Pheredrick
Emmanuel Oti
Joshua Ngobiri

Then another set came in;
Bishop James
Ambrose Iyase
Pro C

Another set

Samuel Idedevwo Walter
Gideon Keyz
Tysino Tyson Pee
Osazee (Sazzy Bass)
Onyeka Kingsley
Joy Singz And
Emmanuel Osavbie Ighodalo a.k.a Emijeezy.

YOU👊
Inspire me too.

It took years to get all these done but I wasn't alone.








I had God, my passion, zeal, determination, knowledge (learning/studying God's word), prayers, a person, rehearsals (learning and studying practical music) before having plenty people.

I'm grateful to everyone who was with me, still with me and will be with me forever.

Dorcas Uwague
#DAshakeyz
#Dorcas_Music
#NeverLoseHope
#GetInspired










Comments