A
300-level student of Microbiology at the University of Lagos, UNILAG, Eniola
Jacobs has reportedly died after allegedly taking a portion of the insecticide,
‘sniper’, Nigerian Tribune reports.
An undisclosed source,
who is a course mate of the deceased, was quoted to have said “Jacobs drank the
insecticide on Saturday afternoon and was rushed to the Lagos University
Teaching Hospital, LUTH soon after.
“He was responding to
treatment until today (Sunday afternoon) when he gave up the ghost,” the source
added.
However, other sources
are of the view that Jacobs was allegedly forced to take the harmful liquid by
cultists, who wanted him dead for unknown reasons.
When contacted, the
University spokesman, Mr. Toyin Adebule was unavailable, however, his deputy,
Mrs. Nonye Oguama, who spoke on the incident, said she was yet to be officially
informed about the matter.
“I have heard about
it, but until I get to the office on Monday, I cannot tell what really
happened.”

Comments